George Eliot Review Online
Beverley Rilett and her team at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln are working on the digitisation of all the back numbers of The George Eliot Fellowship Review and the George Eliot Review published since 1970. It will provide a superb selection of articles, essays and reviews which have hitherto been difficult to access, particularly the earlier editions. The Fellowship is delighted to be working with Beverley and her team to make this happen.
The Chilvers Coton Heritage Centre
The Chilvers Coton Free School was founded around 1735 by Lady Elizabeth Newdigate, wife of Sir Richard Newdigate. In 1954 the school closed and the Borough Council intended to demolish it. But a spirited group of conservationists persuaded the Council to lease them the building on a peppercorn rent. The building was renamed the Chilvers Coton Centre in 1988, but is commonly known as the Heritage Centre.
Astley Book Farm
Has around 75,00 books of which about 15,00 are available to buy online via secure payment. Range of books includes antiquarian, rare and out-of-print books, a huge range of fiction, comprehensive non-fiction sections, Children’s Hayloft and the Ten Bob Barn. New books are added to the shelves and online shop daily.